1. Effective Date; Changes. This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us in connection with the Services. When we make any material changes to this Policy, we will change the Effective Date above and will inform you by e-mail sent to the address associated with your Services account and/or through the Services the next time you login. We will treat your continued use of the Services following such notice as your acceptance of the changes.
2. Third Parties. The Services may contain, and we may send to registered users, offers from third parties or links to third-party websites. This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to or that may be collected by third parties. We encourage you to request that such third parties provide you with their applicable privacy policies and other terms and conditions before engaging with or making a purchase from such third parties.
3. Collected Information.
Information You Submit. When you log-in to or create an account with the Services, we collect the information you provide in the applicable form. This information includes personally identifiable information such as your birthday, mailing address, e-mail address, password and mobile phone number. When we refer to “personally identifiable information” in this Policy, we mean information that we can directly associate with a specific person or entity without additional information. To the extent you decline to share certain personally identifiable information with us, we may not be able to provide some or all of the features and functionalities found on the Services.
Information Collected Automatically. When you use the Services, we automatically gather certain non-personally identifiable information from you. This includes: (a) usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the Services and the content you submit and view; and (b) server log data such as the IP address, operating system, or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website. As described below, we collect this information through a number of means, including database analytic tools, server logs, cookies and other online tracking mechanisms. We may associate such non-personally identifiable information with the personally identifiable information that you provide in connection with the Services.
Mobile Device IDs. We will create a unique, random alphanumeric identifier and associate it with your device and the information about you on our servers and the True Tickets blockchain platform. We will use this identifier to: (i) recognize and remember your device and your preferences when you use the App; and (ii) combine with your email address and create an encrypted string to identify you to certain ticket rights on the Service.
Location-Based Information. If you allow it through your mobile device preferences, we will receive information regarding your precise location when the Services are running on your device. We will use this information to provide features of the Services, and to improve and customize the Services. Certain functions of this application may not work properly without location services enabled. Location is required for activation of tickets.
Social Networking Information. You may be able to create a Services account by logging in through a social networking site such as Facebook (such sites, “Social Sites”). Integration with Social Sites allows you to automatically populate your Services profile with information and content from your Social Site account profile and to invite your Social Site connections to join the Services. It also may allow us to better target our advertising within such Social Sites (to the extent enabled by the applicable Social Site). We will use, store and disclose such information and content in accordance with this Policy. Please remember that the manner in which Social Sites use, store and disclose your information and content (including with respect to any choices you may have to limit or control disclosure to us) is governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each Social Site and any applicable privacy settings you may be able to control, and not True Tickets.
4. Use of Information.
We use the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
* Our Service works in part by generating a unique blockchain ID, which is an encrypted string based upon you Mobile Device ID (as described above) and the email address you used to register. This encrypted string is placed into a “blockchain” which helps you and other relevant parties (purchasers, event organizers, artists, etc.) ensure that the validity of your ticket rights and to provide the Service’s functionality with respect to the underlying ticket. However, as a result, this encrypted string will remain in the blockchain even if you delete your Service account (although in such event, we will delete the related encryption keys).
* We will use submitted information for the purposes for which you provided the information. We also use submitted information and collected information as necessary to provide the features and functionality of the Services to you.
* We may send you e-mails or mobile application notifications regarding updates or modifications to the Services.
* We use submitted information and collected information to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
* We may analyze collected information relating to your use of the Services in order to help us improve the Services and develop and improve other products and services.
* We may use submitted information and collected information to help troubleshoot problems, provide you with required notices, enforce our Terms of Service or to alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Services.
* We may combine personally identifiable information collected through the Services with other information that we collect about you in other contexts—such as our communications with you via e-mail, mobile application notifications, phone or postal mail. We will handle such combined information in accordance with this Policy.
5. Disclosure of Information.
We disclose the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
* We may provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about our user base and its usage patterns.
* We also use third party APIs and partnerships to identify specific user preferences and tastes and may share that information in anonymized and aggregated format with our partners.
* True Tickets uses contractors and third-party service providers to provide the Services to our users and to help us provide services in connection with the Services. Such third parties may receive information from us for use for such purposes.
* We may report aggregated, de-identified data relating to activity on the Services to third parties or the general public. We may combine such data with data obtained from third-party sources in order to generate such reports.
* The Services may include advertising served by third parties, which may be targeted to you based on your online browsing activities and app usage. We may also partner with third party advertising companies in order to serve online advertising regarding our products and services to you after you use the Services. For more information on such advertising targeting practices, you may visit http:///www.aboutads.info. For the ability to opt-out of
such targeting practices, you can visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and also download and use the apps referenced at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
* We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or violations of our terms and conditions; or in other circumstances where we believe is necessary to protect the rights or property of True Tickets, our users, and third parties.
6. Do Not Track. Browser settings may allow users to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to Web sites and online services. The Service currently does not respond or alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser.
7. Viewing and Amending Information. You can log into your Services account and view, amend or delete your user account information at any time. Please however note that: (a) as described above, certain information, such as your transaction history and public wallet key are stored on the blockchain associated with the Services provided to you, and cannot be altered; and (b) while changes or deletions to your account information are reflected promptly in active user databases, our servers may retain previously provided information. Note that changes to, or deletion of, your Services account user information does not affect any other information collected by True Tickets, which True Tickets may retain and continue to use or disclose in accordance with this Policy.
8. Choices Regarding Third-Party Offers. To the extent we send you commercial e-mails and mobile application notifications regarding third-party marketing or promotional materials, we will give you the ability to opt-out of receiving such e-mails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
9. Security. The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information.
10. Transfer As Corporate Asset. In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving True Tickets, the information we possess (including personally identifiable information) shall be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity, provided that such entity will continue to handle such information in accordance with this Policy.
11. Transfer to the U.S. or other Countries. True Tickets is established in and uses facilities in the United States. Your information will be stored and processed in the United States or other countries where True Tickets has facilities. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards. True Tickets does not actively market its Services to residents in the European Union or sell tickets to events hosted in the European Union.
12. Children Under 13. True Tickets does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and the Services are intended for adults over the age of 18 or children over the age of 12 with parental approval If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the Services and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Services, please contact us at email@example.com and we will work to delete that Services account and any such personally identifiable information.