Build New Relationships
Identify and connect with your true audience.
A patron buys a couple tickets for friends. A manager buys a group of tickets for the office. A broker purchases a section of the house to resell on the secondary market. At the end of the day, you may have a sold out event, but you'll have little to no information about who is actually sitting in those seats.
True Tickets is a new source of first-party data in live events ticketing.
Because each delivered ticket must be tied to a login in your system, any new user who accepts a shared or forwarded ticket must register to your database.
Every 3 tickets shared adds a new name and email to your database
Using True Tickets gives you the chance to build relationships that did not exist before. Once you identify your ticket holders, you can communicate with them directly via the Branded Ticket Wallet and other communication channels.
- Provide show updates and add links to digital programs, parking, or refreshments.
- Send post-show surveys and follow-up offers directly to your true audience.
- Analyze attendance history and suggest future shows that they'll love.
- Track ticket sharing patterns to identify and cultivate prospective donors.
Check out: The Power of First-Party Data: Why Live Event Organizers Should Prioritize Their Own Data by Matt Zarracina, Co-founder & CEO of True Tickets.
Control Your Tickets
Set your own rules.
Once your tickets are in the hands of your patrons, do you know what happens to them? How can you be sure your policies are followed? Throughout most of the industry, once you deliver that ticket, there's not much you can do. This can result in potential revenue left on the table, policies being skirted, and worst of all, unhappy patrons.
All events are not created equal and every organization operates a bit differently. True Tickets offers an unprecedented level of configurability and control so you are empowered to provide the best experience for your patrons and ensure your ticketing policies are followed.
The artist doesn't want any tickets to go out until 72 hours prior to the show?
You can set the date and time of when tickets and QR codes will be delivered.
Hosting a blockbuster show and want to offer some tickets that can't be shared?
Disable ticket sharing for the price type assigned to those seats. Ticket sharing policies can be set at performance and constituent levels as well.
Hit with a last minute weather cancellation?
Add a flag to your ticket design to communicate with your ticket holders in your Branded Ticket Wallet.
For more details about True Tickets configurability, see Tessitura Integration .
Leverage Your Data
Gain insight into the full lifecycle of your tickets.
Order updates. Cancellations. Ticket shares. Reselling. So much can occur between purchase and showtime. True Tickets records all updates to a ticket's status in Order History creating an easily trackable chain of custody.
You will always know:
- When a ticket is delivered, voided, or returned.
- When a ticket share is accepted and the name of the new recipient.
- When a ticket is returned or reclaimed via Ticket Sharing options.
- When a ticket is assigned to or unassigned from guests other than the order owner.
- Who is assigned to a ticket.
Not only does this mean more data for your organization, but more accurate, more standard, and more consistent data to supercharge your business intelligence and analytics capabilities.
Use your data to:
- Engage with your newly identified audience. For more details see Build New Relationships.
- Investigate abusive reselling and fight chargebacks. For more details see Curb Ticket Abuse.
- Market future events, fundraise, and sell new memberships.
- Analyze behaviors and trends and make data-driven decisions.
For more details about data recorded in True Tickets, see Tessitura Integration .
Curb Ticket Abuse
Not all threats occur at checkout.
Two of the biggest issues plaguing the ticketing industry today are fraudulent credit card chargebacks and exploitative resale practices. True Tickets can help you protect your business and your patrons.
- Time the delivery of QR codes closer to the event to cut down on unauthorized reselling.
- Enable or disable ticket sharing rules for specific performances, price types, or even constituents when you expect an increase in bad actors. For more details see Control Your Tickets.
- Scan dynamic QR codes from the ticket wallet. Codes refresh every 30 seconds so outdated codes or screenshots will scan as unauthorized.
- Track the full chain of custody of a ticket when it's shared, forwarded, returned, shared again, etc.
- Identify the names and emails of unauthorized resellers and all of the customers who purchased tickets through them.
- Reclaim tickets from a fraudulent purchase even after they are delivered or shared.
- Reach out to victims who were sold fraudulent tickets and offer them at original price.
- Defend chargeback claims with ticket data.
- Ban unauthorized resellers or illegal scalpers by disabling ticket sharing for their purchases.
- Implement policies that authorize reselling at a fee.
Check out It's Not Always Bots: Six Ways to Reduce the Impact of Fraudulent Chargebacks by Nic Boling, Vice President of Information Technology & Security, Tessitura Network
Deliver a Seamless Experience
Keep your audience coming back.
Long lines, invalid tickets, and wandering patrons happen everywhere. The measure of success for any live-event venue is when your guests remember the great experience they had, rather than any hassles, so they return again and again. True Tickets helps venues succeed by reducing hassles for patrons so they can simply access their tickets via the Branded Ticket Wallet, take their seats, and enjoy the show!
The Branded Ticket Wallet is:
- No app to download
- No new logins or passwords to memorize – Patrons use the same credentials as your website
- Responsive design optimized for mobile devices and desktops
- Adapted to your organization’s branding so it feels familiar
- Meets highest web accessibility standards
- Requires patrons to login with their credentials from your website
- Dynamic QR codes that refresh every 30 seconds making screenshots invalid
- Includes all venue, event, and seat information
- Real-time event updates and communication
- Fast load times, even on limited bandwidth
- Unaffected by interruptions in Tessitura responsiveness
For more information on the Branded Ticket Wallet and other features, see Product.
Check out Moving to digital ticketing is a non-issue…as long as… by Matt Zarracina, Co-founder & CEO of True Tickets.